Forums

Forum Home > Equal Rights for All > Equal rights for Black people

dfwdude
Site Owner

Black:all genders

July 24, 2010 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dfwdude
Site Owner

Ok I got a serious question to ask and I mean no insult but it is something to ponder on. Now we all know that blacks were brought America as slaves. I will be the first one to say "that was wrong" Then slavery was abolished and women got to vote and so forth and so on and life goes on. Now jump to present day or there abouts and a lot of blacks still hate white people and believe we owe them something. Here is my question...If blacks had not been brought to America as slaves,and they had been left to in Africa,would you be as civilized as you are now?

October 9, 2011 at 6:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Amuncat

dfwdude at October 9, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Ok I got a serious question to ask and I mean no insult but it is something to ponder on. Now we all know that blacks were brought America as slaves. I will be the first one to say "that was wrong" Then slavery was abolished and women got to vote and so forth and so on and life goes on. Now jump to present day or there abouts and a lot of blacks still hate white people and believe we owe them something. Here is my question...If blacks had not been brought to America as slaves,and they had been left to in Africa,would you be as civilized as you are now? or would you still be living in grass huts and wearing loin clothes.????? You should actually be thanking us for bringing you to America.

Thank you for asking your question, I am black, and will take it seriously. First of all, you should know that my AA heritage goes back 7 generations in America, and we currently have 9, counting our grandchildren.

You degrade Africa by your suggesting that if we hadn't come here, we would be living in grass huts and wearing loin clothes, and "uncivilized" there are VERY FEW places in Africa where this is the case. Have you seen Nelson Mandela in a loin cloth? Have you seen any African in America or otherwise who you would consider uncivilized? Pardon my saying, but I think your opinions are outdated.

Now, you should know that even though I am an AA, I don't hate white people, and neither do my friends. As a matter of fact, ALL of my closest friends are white, Jewish, and Asian! Times have changed, where have you been? I work in a major metropolitan school district. What people don't realize is that it is no longer a black white situation, it is more about class. What I have observed is that students of all races live in neighborhoods together. I seriously doubt if today's kindergartners would understand exactly what a white person is...seriously.

You should also know that I have never been on welfare, of my 19 cousins, only one has received welfare, and that was in the 70's and for a very brief period of time. We all have college degrees and are doing quite well.

I am sharing all of this with you because I have a deep love for America. I see it going down because of what I consider to be outside terrorist/invaders. One of the beautiful things that can come out of what I consider to be a very dark period in American history, is that we come together as AMERICAN CITIZENS, and not let our prejudging be the factor that allows our country to be lost. As you say, seriously. Let's pull together as Americans!

January 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dfwdude
Site Owner

Please understand I meant no disrespect nor to degrade Africa and it's people in any way.

I hate when the topic of this or that color comes up for the reason I do not look at someone and see color...I see a human being that is no different from me. Color of skin has no meaning in the scheme of things...If someone needs to define a color then lets say we are all bound by the color of our blood...That makes us all equal.

That is why it was a hard subject to open because I feared I Would broach it wrong and I never meant to.

I wish we could all get past not only color but also White American,Black American,Brown American etc. I hope one day we can just say "I am a American and we are one nation.

I love that you and yours have done well dispite the social barriers that no one should ever have to endure.

There are good and bad in all races,colors etc.

Where I used to live in Dallas my next door neighbors where black and they were the best kind of neighbor anybody could want. We watched out for each others places enjoyed a few back yard beers and cookouts and had a lot of good laughs....So please do not misjudge me,If I offended you I am deeply sorry!!!!

January 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.